Tooltip Windows 8

Hello,
my tooltips (juce:2.0.25) look a bit short under Windows 8:

Any idea why or what I should do? (Looking fine under previous Windows and OSX though)

Thanks & Cheers,
Raketa.

Try the latest version first, there have been fixes relating to this.

Thanks, Jules,
I just did (2.0.28) and its the same… :frowning:
Cheers,
Raketa.

Sounds like the same problem as this:
http://rawmaterialsoftware.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10100

…but it’s still unclear to me why it only happens on some machines.

Yep, looks similar. I have a report from a Chinese system and could verify it here with an English system. Let me know if you need any tests, anything to try out here.

Seems to be fixed in 2.0.29!
Great, thanks!

But it fails now to compile for PPC (with Xcode 3.2.5):

In file included from my_project/../juce/modules/juce_graphics/juce_graphics.cpp:115,
                 from my_project/../juce/modules/juce_graphics/juce_graphics.mm:26:
my_project/../juce/modules/juce_graphics/native/juce_mac_Fonts.mm: In constructor 'juce::OSXTypeface::OSXTypeface(const juce::Font&)':
my_project/../juce/modules/juce_graphics/native/juce_mac_Fonts.mm:764: error: 'getFontTotalHeight' was not declared in this scope
my_project/../juce/modules/juce_graphics/native/juce_mac_Fonts.mm:765: error: no matching function for call to 'juce::OSXTypeface::getHeightToPointsFactor(CGFont*&)'
my_project/../juce/modules/juce_graphics/native/juce_mac_Fonts.mm:782: note: candidates are: virtual float juce::OSXTypeface::getHeightToPointsFactor() const

Cheers,
Raketa

You’re not using the latest version.

Thats what Introjucer offered…

ok. got it from git. Thanks!