Tutorial: Create a basic Audio/MIDI plugin Bug

Hey,
I’m new to JUCE and wanted to do the Tutorial. I finished the first MIDI-Plugin and tested the vst3 in Ardour (my main DAW).

The Plugin doubles the MIDI-Output. Means I play a note and get
NOTE ON 100
NOTE ON 30 (Plugin Value)
NOTE OFF 100
NOTE OFF 100

If I deactivate the Plugin I get
NOTE ON 100
NOTE OFF 100

I placed some Debugging messages and the MidiBuffer contains only one message. Seems like one time it gets passed through the plugin and then also the changed one adds. I can’t test it in another DAW right now but it does not happen with other Plugins if I manipulate Midi-Data (but they are LV2, i don’t have a VST3-Plugin that manipulates Midi). And there’s the other problem (I will open another Thread for that) I can’t load the LV2-Version of the Plugin. It builds fine, but Ardour and the JUCE Plugin loader tells me that it’s not a Plugin…
“LV2: Failed to instantiate plugin”, “lilv_plugin_instantiate(): error: No plugin”

I tested on Linux and Windows with the same result.

I also get:
“JUCE Assertion failure in juce_VST3_Wrapper.cpp:3061” and sometimes a Segmentation fault for the VST3 even if I just run the Projucer and only run the Hello World Plugin.

Because I’m a total beginner with JUCE, I would like to know where to start digging… is it a Bug in JUCE? I found some others with similar problems but no solution.

Thanks in advanced :slight_smile:

ok, i connected the Plugin via an aux channel and there is no doubling. So I think this is an Ardour problem which is really weird. I will try again with another DAW.