VST2 vs VST3 and whether I should choose JUCE

Hi all, I've recently developed a VST plugin using jVSTWrapper and Java but want to move to a more active/modern platform.

My concern is that VST3 and perhaps as such the current state of JUCE will make what I've done with jVSTWrapper difficult, and I'm hoping someone here can help clear this up for me.

The core functionality of my own VST (using jVSTWrapper w/VST2) is to capture poly aftertouch data from some mapped keys and convert/redirect that aftertouch data to CC (control change) messages on a user-specified CC# and Midi channel.  It can also output pitch bend data which of course is different from CC.

From what I've read, VST3 is extremely limited in terms of being able to access/create/drop/modify/redirect CC data.

I started VST development to give myself these specific tools which I could not find anywhere, and I've found the functionality to be awesome in at least one particular scenario.  I'm hoping JUCE could be a logical step forward if I want to polish this up and possibly make it easily available to others.  I've also worked with the base Steinberg C++ libraries but having to retool for cross-platform seems like a huge waste of time if JUCE has all that stuff available already.

Can anyone tell me whether JUCE can today still be used to develop using the VST2 standard, or whether the functionality I've described above can be achieved without some silly hack using VST3+JUCE?