Possiblility to creat JUCE GUI in VST3 project

Hello,
I’m a student and new for JUCE as well as VST.
My supervisor told me to wirte a user interface for a exsiting VST audio plugin in Windows. It has had a rough UI for it but using VSTGUI.
What i need to do is to rewrite the GUI using JUCE.

But now I realized a big problem, the existign code is in VST3, but JUCE cannot support VST3.
I know it must be impossible to create a new JUCE project and add the VST3 process part in it.
But I wanna know is there a possiblility to built the JUCE GUI in the existing VST3 project. That is to say, I will not creact the JUCE project and not use the Juce VST wrapper files but just add some JUCE GUI files to the VST3 plugin project. Is it a feasible approach?

Thank you for every one.

charles

Linux VST3 and JUCE compatibility

I’d have thought that’d be the simplest thing to do (?)

Trying to wrap a juce GUI inside a VST3 project would be a very serious piece of work - only for code ninjas!

From VSTGUI,VST2 GUI to Juce GUI

I’d have thought that’d be the simplest thing to do (?)

Trying to wrap a juce GUI inside a VST3 project would be a very serious piece of work - only for code ninjas![/quote]

Really? But it is said that JUCE could not support VST3. what does that mean?
And I tried to run the JuceDemoPlugin in VST3PluginTestHost, but it doesn’t work.

No, juce doesn’t yet support VST3, but does it absolutely need to be VST3? If you just write it as a normal juce plugin (which should be pretty simple), then it’ll work in all the other formats, and when I add VST3 support, you’ll automatically get that too.

Because the existin project is in VST3, then my job is to rewirte the GUI part and keep the other audio process part in VST3.
So now i have no idea how to do that if I cannot use JUCE.

Well, you can do that with juce, but it’d be doing things the hard way. It’d be very difficult to use any other UI platform inside a VST3 project. If you really want to use juce as your UI, then it’d be immeasurably easier to just move your processing code into a juce plugin and run it as VST2/AU.

That’s great…I got it.

Thanks a million for your help.

Why? Does VST 3 try to specify user interface behaviors now? sigh

Why? Does VST 3 try to specify user interface behaviors now? sigh[/quote]

No… In fact I don’t know how VST3 handles its GUI, but embedding any kind of 3rd-party windowing system into it will inevitably involve all kinds of messy hackery.