VST3 and .component files are not created and are highlighted in red under Products in the Xcode browser

I’m using the free edition of JUCE with Xcode. Following the JUCE tutorial:

Create a basic audio plug-in, part 2Create a simple VST or AudioUnit plugin using JUCE, featuring a custom GUI and MIDI input.

The project builds and runs successfully according to Xcode, however, the .VST3 and .component files are not created and are highlighted in red under Products in the Xcode browser. The .app file is created in the specified location and runs as expected displaying the GUI with a functioning slider.

I’m running Projucer with JUCE version 6.0.7. According to the tutorial:

“All of the files that you need to create VST3 and AU (MacOS only) plug-ins are packaged with JUCE (as long as you are using a recent version of JUCE).”

Can you help?

What’s showing in the scheme dropdown next to the Play/Run button in Xcode’s top bar? To build the AU/VST3 components, you’ll need to select the relevant item from that dropdown before building - or select the “All” scheme.

2 Likes

Hi reuk, is this what you mean? see attached screenshot.

Thanks.

JUCE v6.0.7
I also get the debug message:

2021-03-15 14:56:56.149524+0000 TutorialPlugin2[18644:177814] [plugin] AddInstanceForFactory: No factory registered for id <CFUUID 0x600000248dc0> F8BB1C28-BAE8-11D6-9C31-00039315CD46

2021-03-15 14:56:56.188847+0000 TutorialPlugin2[18644:177814] Metal API Validation Enabled

Don’t know if this is relevant?

Next to the start/stop buttons. That’s the target that will be built. So you need to select All there if you want to build everything.
Or create a script that builds everything, package, notarize…
Usually I just build the standalone plugin in debug with Xcode, the rest is command line to automate the process.

I’ve just realised what reuk was referring to. Thanks also Matthieu. I’ve selected each target in turn as you say and the .vst3 and .component files have been created.

Thanks for your help.

You only need to select All and build once. This is where you can click the drop-down to select that:

1 Like

Okay. Thanks for your help Howard.