VST3 Introjucer post-build copy event (part II, AAX & VST3)

Hi!

It seems to me, wehn building AAX and VST3 in one go in windows (and maybe this is whats wrong to begin with?) the post build copy for the vst3 version fails, as the source file for the copy command is not found.

The source file in the copy command is named xy.dll, but it should be "xy.aaxplugin" for an vst3 and AAX build.

I took a look at the introjucer code and could fix this.

Or is this intended?

My suggestion would be to always build to "xy.dll" and copy from there instead of using "xy.aaxplugin" (which seems to be the case for aax only?).

Cheers!

edit: oh btw. i'm not on the latest JUCE from the repo, judging from the change logs this might still be an issue.

The idea is that a post-build script copies the file and renames the suffix. Doesn't that work? (Do please do try the latest version, as I vaguely remember updating the script stuff fairly recently)

Yes you did update some kind of related code, but it has not beend related directly, and it does still not work in the latest version.

The key is that for the AAX version you rename the output file to XY.aaxplugin, thus the post build copy script can not find the input file anymore. The project varibale you use in the copy command is not properly reflecting the different file ending, it still points to XY.dll.

I suggest you ditch the different output file name for AAX plugins (and possible others) and instead add a post copy command like for the VST3 version and normalize all output to XY.dll (or even some other like XY.jbin). I could go ahead and do it for you/us if you like, should be easy.

Cheers!

JM

edit: Oh btw. I seem not to be able to get notifications on forum posts and PMs. Am I blind? Where can I enable those ? :O.

I just downloaded the latest JUCE and can confirm that the VST3 build is broken on OS X. I'm on XCode 5 /  10.9.

Copying to VST3 folder...

cp: /Users/rej/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/JuceDemoPlugin.vst3: No such file or directory

sed: /Users/rej/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/JuceDemoPlugin.vst3/Contents/PkgInfo: No such file or directory

sed: /Users/rej/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/JuceDemoPlugin.vst3/Contents/Info.plist: No such file or directory

Command /bin/sh emitted errors but did not return a nonzero exit code to indicate failure

The demo plugin compiles just fine as a VST3 for me.

OK, I got the errors I posted because I had no VST3 folder. After making a VST3 folder in the proper place all is well.

this has nothing to do with my original post ;)

Hi all.

I am still getting the error described in this thread:

Copying to VST3 folder...

cp: /Users/brianhansen/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/testPlugin.vst3: No such file or directory

sed: /Users/brianhansen/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/testPlugin.vst3/Contents/PkgInfo: No such file or directory

sed: /Users/brianhansen/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/testPlugin.vst3/Contents/Info.plist: No such file or directory

Command /bin/sh emitted errors but did not return a nonzero exit code to indicate failure

I have the most up to date Juce, XCode 5.1.1, and Mavericks 10.9.4. I also followed madronalabs lead and created the directory  /Users/brianhansen/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3. Still the same problem. I see where the Post-build shell script in the introjucer is performing this step. Is there something that needs to be edited in the script for it to execute properly? Or is there a change needed in the code or project/target settings? 

Hope someone can help me with this. Best!

Uggghhh. Nevermind. Sorry to bother.

I created the VST3 folder in the incorrect directory. Put it in the proper place, and it works fine.