AAX Doesn't Run in PT 10.3.5

I am having trouble building a 32 bit AAX plugin that is recognized by Protools 10.3.5 PRERELEASE running on Mac OSX 10.7.5 . I have created a project called JuceTest using IntroJucer. This is from the Juce tip downloaded about 10 days ago. The project builds just fine using AAX_SDK_2p0p1 and XCode 4.4.1 and the .aaxplugin binary is copied into the correct ProTools Plug-Ins folder. But when Protools 10.3.5 starts up I get a message from PT saying the JuceTest.aaxplugin cannot be loaded because either it isn’t authorized or the plugin is damaged. Attached is the JuceTest Xcode project created by IntroJucer.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Is your binary being signed by the proper Pace tool? If not, you can’t run it in the “official” version of Pro Tools, just the debug version. The Pace tool in question changed between PT 10.3.4 and 10.3.5.

Sean Costello

[quote=“valhallasound”]Is your binary being signed by the proper Pace tool? If not, you can’t run it in the “official” version of Pro Tools, just the debug version. The Pace tool in question changed between PT 10.3.4 and 10.3.5.

Sean Costello[/quote]

Aha! I just noticed this. I tried running with the PT DEV version and it worked fine. What are AAX developers supposed to do if they are not PACE licensees? (As it happens I am a PACE licensee but still …)

[quote=“JuceProspector”][quote=“valhallasound”]Is your binary being signed by the proper Pace tool? If not, you can’t run it in the “official” version of Pro Tools, just the debug version. The Pace tool in question changed between PT 10.3.4 and 10.3.5.

Sean Costello[/quote]

Aha! I just noticed this. I tried running with the PT DEV version and it worked fine. What are AAX developers supposed to do if they are not PACE licensees? (As it happens I am a PACE licensee but still …)[/quote]

You need to contact PACE, and sign & return the NDA for the signing tool. After that, I’m not sure. I’ve held off on retuning the NDA until I have something that I can get out to customers, since the date of signing the NDA is the date at which the signing tool becomes effective.

Sean Costello