Building Projucer for GPL

Hello!
I understand that, in order to use Projucer in GPL mode, I need to build it from scratch with:
JUCER_ENABLE_GPL_MODE 1

in AppConfig.h.
I’ve changed that, but I am not able to build it. I am trying to use Code::Blocks for this, on Windows 7. Is that the reason? It seems to import Projucer_App.vcxproj without complaining.
Building gives me 29 errors.
I seem to be the first person to have this problem, so I’m convinced it’s something obvious.
Any guidance would be much appreciated.
Chuckk

0 Likes

The provided solutions/projects are for Visual Studio on Windows. There’s no guarantee you can easily use any other IDE or compiler to build them.

0 Likes

OK, thanks again for the info.
Well, I don’t need guarantees. As an American, I know that freedom isn’t free…

Just that I’ll lose a few more good coding days making room on my hard drive for VS!
Freedom costs a buck-o-five.

0 Likes

You can open the Projucer’s jucer file and export a CodeBlocks project…

0 Likes

Assuming he doesn’t want to install or use the ready-built binary of Projucer from Roli, that’s not going to work. In any case I wouldn’t recommend trying to use Juce with mingw and/or CodeBlocks.

0 Likes

Well, that can be helped:
CodeBlocksWindows.zip (9.8 KB)
From this morning’s develop build, worth a try…
Maybe the exporter can be included in the future, if it builds out of the box…

0 Likes

The Code::Blocks exporter (particularly on Windows) is much less well supported than Xcode, VS or Makefiles - we rely upon the community to let us know what’s not working and fix things as we go. Very few people use MinGW.

0 Likes