Can't load ANY JUCE exampls or apps in Visual C++ Express

The title says it all. When trying to load amalgamator.sln, jucer.sln, jucedemo.sln, juce_application.sln, etc. or their respective project files I get the red ‘X’ messages:

The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)

followed by

The operation could not be completed. The system cannot find the file specified.

I was able to build the JUCE library fine, but can’t load any of the examples or apps. Please help.

Thanks a bunch.

Don’t suppose it actually says which file it can’t find, does it?

I wish. VS is tacit on that piece of important info. I think it’s sort of a red herring. msdn.com searches mention the error code can be reported during Windows updates where the download completes successfully but something else gets screwed up and Windows thinks the file is missing.

Well, I’ve never seen the error before. It’s not just failing to locate one of the projects in the solution, is it?

If it is it’s not telling me what it can’t find. It can’t load the projects or the solutions. I have not changed the directory structure of JUCE from the way it unzips.

Bizarre. Sorry, can’t think of anything to suggest apart from reinstalling VS

I think the problem is that my VC++ can’t load VC8 files. I get the same error when trying to load the JUCE solution for VC8. The VC6 version works fine. I suspect the apps and demos are VC8 projects/solutions. Do you have VC6 solutions/projects for the apps and demos?

No, sorry, I don’t use VC6 any more.

Neither am I. I am using Visual Studio 2008 Verson 9.0.30729.1