Code::Blocks errors on Linux


#1

Is anyone successfully working with Code::Blocks on Linux? I'm getting a lot of errors (like 50) when trying to build my project. These are all errors with the JUCE code. I've always used Windows, but I'm trying to find my way around Linux and experiment a little, but I need an IDE to be productive at all.

Maybe there's something you have to do to get it to work? I'm creating the Code::Blocks project from the IntroJucer using the Code::Blocks (Linux) configuration. By the way, I'm using Ubuntu 14.04 if that matters. I'd really appreciate any help guys. Linux seems so awesome and I'd like to at least be able to build/debug from an IDE. Oh, and it does work just fine from the Linux MakeFile configuration.


#2

Interesting.

Could you be a bit more specific, please? Since we don't have your code here — are you also getting the same errors with the Juce Demo or any other JUCE example projects? And if yes, what errors are you getting there?


#3

Man, I'm sorry. It was just a dumb mistake by me. I just had the paths to the JUCE modules wrong. Ha. I'm so used to them just being there by default and I didn't think about that when setting up JUCE on Linux. The errors I was getting were really weird and didn't point to anything like that at all. 

Actually, when building the Juce Demo, I got a no such file error in juce_audio_basics.h on line 21 (below is the problem).


#elif defined (JUCER_CODEBLOCKS_LINUX_191E0897)
 #include "../../../../../Programming/CPPLibraries/JUCE/modules/juce_audio_basics/juce_audio_basics.h"

After I set "copy-mode" and copied locally, that error was fixed. I'm not sure why that is. That's really no problem though. I'm forced to do the same on Visual Studio in order to get Intellisense. Anyways, it's great seeing how well JUCE actually works on another operating system like Linux. I love having the same code working the same across platforms. With the IntroJucer, it's a breeze building and testing on different platforms too. :) Again, I'm sorry for the dumb mistake. I hope I didn't make you waste any time on that.


#4

Haha, no, don't worry, the only thing I did was to write that reply because I was surprised it wasn't working for you... no time wasted :-) also very happy to hear that everything works for you now.

btw, what you experienced seems to be a very common problem. I'd like to add the JUCE module paths to the new Global Preferences at some point to make setting the module paths easier.