Could not overwrite the existing folder!

Hello!

I’ve been using JUCE for not too long on my Arch Linux system. When prompted to update to choose a location for the new JUCE files, I created a new directory at ~/Documents/code/JUCE2 with my file managers “create new folder” (I don’t want to overwrite my old ~/Documents/code/JUCE directory just yet) and I get the following message once the download completes.

Selection_092

I’m sure that the directory I am creating is “writable by the current user”.

I tried mkdir ./JUCE2 and chose the directory. Nada.

I did chmod 777 ~/Documents/code/JUCE2 to give the directory full permissions and the message still persists.

I ran Projucer with sudo just to see how it would react and no dice.

I can download the update manually from the website and put the files in the correct place but I thought I would let you know.

Perhaps I am doing something wrong? :slight_smile:

Cheers!

What version of the Projucer are you updating from? To 5.4.7?

I’ve just tried updating from 5.4.6, using ~/Documents/code/JUCE2 as the destination, and everything worked as expected on Ubuntu.

Interesting.

I’m updating from version 5.4.5 to 5.4.7

5.4.5 to 5.4.7 worked for me too.

Yeah I don’t know it seems to be a pretty straight forward action.
I haven’t had any other permission type problems on this system but I thought I would put the post out there.

I had the same problem on MacOs (during many versions, it eventually fixed itself) and in Ubuntu, no matter the version. I just manually download the new version and replace it.

1 Like

Interesting. Thanks for the input.