External linked libraries in configurations

[NOTE: this concerns Visual Studio 2010 exporter - not sure how much of this is relevant to other exporters!]

The different build configurations within an export target only allow you to specify library search folders. It is only possible to specify the names of the linked libraries in the common exporter settings.

This is a problem, since an SDK I’m linking against places the debug/release libs in the same folder as each other, with a different filename (i.e., with a ‘d’ suffix for the debug version); thus the folders are common but the filenames are configuration-specific.

I’d rather not have to move them around each time there’s an update :slight_smile: any chance of adding a configuration-specific version of the “External libraries to link” property? I guess it could get merged with the common list when exporting.

That would make sense. Too busy to do it myself right now, but if you can throw some changes in my direction that would do this without breaking anything, would be glad to add it…

Although that could be useful in the Introjucer, what about linking in code instead? Very configurable in one tiny area. :slight_smile:

Shortened OpenSSL example:

#ifdef _DEBUG
    #pragma comment (lib, "C:/Program Files (x86)/OpenSSL-Win32/lib/VC/libeay32MTd.lib")
    #pragma comment (lib, "C:/Program Files (x86)/OpenSSL-Win32/lib/VC/ssleay32MTd.lib")
#else
    #pragma comment (lib, "C:/Program Files (x86)/OpenSSL-Win32/lib/VC/libeay32MT.lib")
    #pragma comment (lib, "C:/Program Files (x86)/OpenSSL-Win32/lib/VC/ssleay32MT.lib")
#endif