How to add an iOS app to an existing plugin project using CMake/CLion

I have an audio plugin project using CMake & CLion and want to add an iOS version. I’ve never used anything but Xcode for an iOS project and not sure what the workflow would be. Any tips would be appreciated.

I can’t even get an ios app to build using CMake. Looking at the Juce CMake API, I tried this:

cmake -Bbuild-ios -GXcode -DCMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME=iOS -DCMAKE_OSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=11.0

I get this error:

-- The C compiler identification is AppleClang 14.0.0.14000029
-- The CXX compiler identification is AppleClang 14.0.0.14000029
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Check for working C compiler: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang - skipped
-- Detecting C compile features
-- Detecting C compile features - done
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang++ - skipped
-- Detecting CXX compile features
-- Detecting CXX compile features - done
-- Configuring juceaide
CMake Error at /Programming/JUCE/extras/Build/juceaide/CMakeLists.txt:128 (message):

Failed to configure juceaide
-- The C compiler identification is unknown
-- The CXX compiler identification is unknown
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:26 (project):
No CMAKE_C_COMPILER could be found.

Hi. Do you have the xcode command line tools installed?

I had the command line tools installed and up to date.

After much hair pulling, turns out that I needed to update cmake. I had 3.23 installed and once I updated it to the latest, 3.25 via brew, it worked perfectly on the command line. But then I noticed that it wouldn’t build in CLion, which was using 3.23 internally. I pointed it to the brew 3.25 version and all was fine.

I’m guessing this had to do with the Xcode 14 update.

Have you tried using this toolchain yet? It’s working well for me.

No need…I got it working by updating cmake. Also, that link doesn’t show support for Xcode 14. Thanks though.