Installing Juce, trying to build the Plugin Host - compiler errors on the Steinberg VST3 code

Hi,
I’ve installed JUCE,
the latest (3.6.8) Steinberg VST3 SDK from https://www.steinberg.net/en/company/developers.html ,
and I’m trying to compile the plugin host.

This gets me the following error:

1>------ Build started: Project: Plugin Host_App, Configuration: Debug x64 ------
1>include_juce_audio_processors.cpp
1>d:\dev\thirdparty\juce\modules\juce_audio_processors\format_types\juce_VST3Headers.h(98): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘base/source/flock.cpp’: No such file or directory
1>Done building project “Plugin Host_App.vcxproj” – FAILED.
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

And after carefully checking the VST3 SDK folders, that’s pretty damn right - there IS no base/source/flock.cpp

Has this file been removed from the SDK and is JUCE not up to date?
Or am I doing something very very wrong?

Hi there. Maybe this thread will help?..

Please try using the develop branch from GitHub. We haven’t yet updated the master branch to use the latest VST SDK, but that’s something I hope to get done today.

2 Likes

OK, the master branch has been updated too.

1 Like

Sorry, i have the latest VST SDK, the latest VS2017 and the latest JUCE, downloaded now after:

I still have this error.
what do I do?

Ah, the version of JUCE you can download from our website is only updated when we do a release. You can get the latest changes from here:

Click the green “Clone or download” button.

The quick “irresponsible” solution that worked for me was getting the 3.6.7 version from the Steinberg repo:

You just have to clone the repo and checkout this commit:

After you do that just hit a git submodule update --init --recursive to make the sub repos point to the corresponding commit too.

It worked for me, but beware your using old code… :confused:

ahh…
it was fixed, nice!!
anyways, if you’re sticking to an older version of JUCE, that an easy solution just in case…

Or the shortcut in one go:
git clone --recurse-submodules <REPO_URL> <LOCAL_PATH>

1 Like