IntroJucer cannot find modules

Hi there,

I would like to try Juce, which looks pretty cool. The examples and the IntroJucer compile fine on my up to date Debian/testing. However when I try to create a new project using the introJucer, a GTK file picker dialog opens with title "Select your JUCE modules folder", so I navigate to the "modules" directory but I get the the following error dialog when trying to open it:

Not a valid JUCE modules folder - Please select the folder containing the juce_* modules - etc

I tried both with a cloned repo and the zip from https://codeload.github.com/julianstorer/JUCE/zip/master

Using strace -f -e  open ./build/Introjucer as I navigate to open the modules directory I can see that:

- it opens the .gitignore file at the root

- it fails at opening a .hidden file in every visited directory

- it opens juce_module_info if I go into the juce_core directory

However whatever directory I choose I always get the error dialog mentionned above.

Thanks for any help,

Jerome.

OK used the good keywords in g00gle, found an issue looking like mine, and fix the problem. I had warning messages from fontconfig for some time that I didn't really care about. However it looks like the communication between IntroJucer and the native file picker window can be garbled by messages on, presumably, stderr.

So I fixed the cause of the messages, and IntroJucer magicly worked.

Hi Jerome, any way you could simplify what you did to fix the issue with projucer. I am having the same error message appearing when looking selecting the modules folder.

Thank you!

Tom

The Introjucer is gone for many years now, but it is the same in the Projucer:

Every module has the path set individually, even though it is discouraged to mix different module versions and will screw up search paths in the IDE.

So either set each module to use the global path (there is a batch option on the modules page) or set the path correctly on each module (there is also a batch setting option).

For 3rd party modules (like my https://github.com/ffAudio) it is best to pick them “Add module from specified location”. The user modules path never worked for me.