JUCE and Yosemite 10.10.5 (newer)

Hi,

I'm trying to use JUCE to compile a VST example and start my own plugin, but it fails every time.

I downloaded the last version of JUCE and the VST3 SDK.
I opened a MIDI example of JUCE.
I put the full path of the VST3 SDK in the config tab of JUCE.
I marked the VST and VST3 enable.
I marked that I want to build a MacOSX (Xcode)

Then I click menu Build -> Clean All (and then JUCE start to build the project).

I saw some warnings....That some AudioHardwareService is deprecated in OSX 10.11 (El Captain)...but I'm using 10.10 (Yosemite)...
And I saw one error: "enumerator value evaluates to -2147483648, which cannot be narrowed to type uint32_t (aka unsingned int)"

Another problem: 
After build, I get a .APP file inside the build folder, but I WANT A VST FILE.

How can I get a VST file from a JUCE MIDI example?

My system:

OSX 10.10.5 (Yosemite)
VST SDK 3.6.5
ProJUCER 4.0.2

Thanks!

Could you try changing the deployment target to 10.10 in the exporter configuration settings?

The MIDI example isn't a plugin, it's an app, so it's a bad starting point if you're trying to write a plugin!

In the introjucer, try creating a new project, and selecting "plugin" as its type, and it'll set everything up correctly for you.

Yes JGerrard...

I put the deployment target to 10.10 in the exporter configuration settings and I got the same error.

Look at the my PDF attached in this question.

Here I post a PDF file attached with a list of errors of ProJucer 4.0.2.

What I did to see this list of errors:

1- Open ProJucer -> New Project
2- Audio Plugin (MacOSX - XCode)
3- Config Tab: just BUILD VST and BUILD VST 3 enable
4- Mark: Plugin is a Synth, Plugin MIDI input, Plugin MIDI output
5- In Config Tab: XCode (Mac OSX): I set a full path of the VST 3 SDK Folder: /Applications/VST3_SDK/
6- In Release and Debug: I set OSX 10.10 in OSX Base SDK Version, Deployment Target
7- OSX Arquiteture: 64 bits Intel

Then I click: Menu Build -> Clean All

Then Projucer start to build...and I see this list of errors attached here.

I saw some warnings....That some AudioHardwareService is deprecated in OSX 10.11 (El Captain)...but I'm using 10.10 (Yosemite)...

And I saw one error: "enumerator value evaluates to -2147483648, which cannot be narrowed to type uint32_t (aka unsingned int)"

What can I do?

My system:

OSX 10.10.5 (Yosemite)
VST SDK 3.6.5
ProJUCER 4.0.2

Thanks!
Nyck

I haven't been getting a .app from my plugin building, but I am getting the same enumerator error issue.

Same system as the OP.

Could you confirm the version of Xcode you're on, and what versions of the SDKs are available in /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs ?

Same problem here.

System: 10.11.1 (15B42) El Capitan

XCode: Version 7.1.1 (7B1005)

SDKs available in /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/

MacOSX10.11.sdk

Also get the same error when compiling. Although I dont get anything built, since it fails.

I went to this folder: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs

Inside, my SDK is 10.11

But my OS is Yosemite 10.10.5

I never used El Captain (10.11).

How can I use ProJucer with my system? Is it possible?

I tryied use ProJucer in another macbook running Mavericks (10.9.5), but ProJucer crashes ervey time.

Yes, it works with 10.10, I'm still using that version myself.

bump. i'm having the same issues. os x 10.10, xcode 7, projucer.

anyone have a solution for this?

Yes, we fixed this - just pull the latest code from github and it should work fine. No need to change your version of the projucer.