JUCE course

Is there anything out there for a noob like me? I’m comfortable with c++ and JUCE seems fairly intuitive, however I’d like to make an immersive jump to get my feet wet in JUCE. I really like Qt but it seems JUCE is better at everything audio/MIDI/plugin oriented that I want to do on the Mac and PC. In all of my searches I’ve come up with nothing … no books, no courses, only an outdated pdf tutorial. Seems that JUCE needs an intensive seminar type course like that offered by Aaron Hillegass for Mac OS X Cocoa programming. A jumpstart of some sort.

Currently the pdf is the only study material available for juce. It will provide enough information for you to start working with juce.

I agree with vishvesh.
The best way to learn juce is to analyze the juce demo code.
I love juce because is very well documented within the code, while qt has loads of examples but external documentation.

I put in proposal to run a course based in Juce at ICMC in New York - end May / start June 2010. Should hear next week if it got accepted. It would have an audio slant to it but we’d be going through the basics.

http://www.icmc2010.org/workshops.html

Thanks everyone! martinrobinson, please let us know if your proposal is accepted.

Always gives me a thrill to hear about people actually teaching something that I invented…

Hello,

OK, the proposal has been accepted - subject to my confirmation. Unfortunately I need to front my travel costs (UK <-> NY) + etc and recoup them assuming enough people sign up for the course. So I’m looking at the reasibility and risk involved in this…

I need to set the course fee. I’d like to gauge some opinion: what would people pay for a 2-day course?

It depends on the topics you would like to cover. 2 days should be long enough to cover most of the topics.

[quote=“martinrobinson”]Hello,

OK, the proposal has been accepted - subject to my confirmation. Unfortunately I need to front my travel costs (UK <-> NY) + etc and recoup them assuming enough people sign up for the course. So I’m looking at the reasibility and risk involved in this…

I need to set the course fee. I’d like to gauge some opinion: what would people pay for a 2-day course?[/quote]

Great! I think 500-1000 would be reasonable for 2 days depending on how much is covered.

I’d really appreciate if someone made a course on Udemy.com You’d probably get thousands of students.

Are there any courses online now?

Martin’s “Getting started with Juce” book is a pretty good intro course.

There is also a not too old thread with links:

Maybe a sticky thread with suggested readers would be a thing…?

Book was published in 2013.

At the 2015 JUCE summit, Martin was asked about a new book. He said JUCE is advancing so fast, a web site is probably better. Martin said the examples in his book “still compiled” but he seemed surprised they do. See video @ 21:30 mins: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoinVP6wyDI

I suspect the book is obsolete by now.