Jucetice... released the first native VST plugin for linux

for the ones that are interested in music on linux, something is changing:
just go to http://www.anticore.org/jucetice you’ll find a vst port project and the first native vst plugin with gui (juce of course) available for the ONLY native vst host in linux platform (EnergyXT2) !

EQinox is still in beta, but still sounding clean !

enjoy :slight_smile:

i hope one day Linux will have the abilities of os x or windows in terms of audio. i guess ext2 is a giant step forward now. i’ve been on linux for over 10 years now but never used it for any audio, i hope to change that one day :slight_smile:

we are here to make the change !

actually, a lot of people trust linux as the next platform for audio… and are working for making it happens !

it will take some time, but we are not too far…

:smiley:

There’s a lot of audio tools I don’t use, so what are you missing in terms of audio for linux? Personally, I wouldn’t use any other OS for audio right now.

I agree it can be hard to set up a reliable audio-capable linux, but since you have been using it for 10 years, that shouldn’t be a problem for you.

Another problem I can agree about is the lack of a multitracker with very good editing capabilities. Ardour is a superb daw for recording and playback, and I would say its is a sober alternative to protools, but I lack some convenient editing features in it.

Regarding plugins, there are hundreds of ladspa plugins, and many of them are really great. If you trust your ears, you don’t need to pay a lot of money (or download cracks of expensive software) to feel safe that your plugins are of high quality.

Regarding mastering tool, have you looked at jamin?