No such file or directory Juce_VST3_Wrapper.cpp

screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/meak6c73lgknliu/Screenshot%202015-05-25%2012.49.15.png?dl=0

wtf!? I cant get this working. Im trying to compile the JucePluginDemo with the latest version of Juce. I think I need to link the steinburg vst sdk in the introjuce or something but idk...............

1>------ Build started: Project: JuceDemoPlugin, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>  juce_VST_Wrapper.cpp
1>  juce_VST3_Wrapper.cpp
1>c:\users\seanw\dropbox\programming shit\juce-windows\modules\juce_audio_processors\format_types\juce_vst3headers.h(80): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'base/source/baseiids.cpp': No such file or directory (..\..\..\..\modules\juce_audio_plugin_client\VST3\juce_VST3_Wrapper.cpp)
1>c:\users\seanw\dropbox\programming shit\juce-windows\modules\juce_audio_plugin_client\vst\juce_vst_wrapper.cpp(81): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'public.sdk/source/vst2.x/audioeffectx.h': No such file or directory
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

okay im reading in

juce_vst3_wrapper.cp.....

/*  These files come with the Steinberg VST SDK - to get them, you'll need to
    visit the Steinberg website and agree to whatever is currently required to
    get them. The best version to get is the VST3 SDK, which also contains
    the older VST2.4 files.

Then, you'll need to make sure your include path contains your "VST SDK3"
    directory (or whatever you've named it on your machine). The introjucer has
    a special box for setting this path.
*/

what path is it? external libraries to link? i put that path of the steinberg vst3 sdk and saved and reopened in visual studio but no dice......

what i'm really asking is where do I stick the vst sdk?

ok so I made the sdk an additional include directory and it got rid of those 2 errors but now im getting this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w07yg0vfy38i870/Screenshot%202015-05-25%2013.30.41.png?dl=0

You may have nearly built a VST pluggin - a .dll - You hopefully discovered that you'll need to download the VST SDK (s) - Read the associated text and get. You shouldn't need to change anything (apart from where you've put the VST SDK(s) )

As its name implies, it plugs-in to something - A host! The host is expecting to find it where you tell it to look for plugins

Build the audio plugin host (it, too, will need to know where the VST SDK is, BTW) - and tell it where to find its plugins

BTW: It'd be WAY easier if you just copy/pasted the error text onto the forum. 1) we wouldn't have to download big files needlessly, 2) other people will find it if they're searching

but it's not showing up in abletonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn :(

Not sure what platform you're on, but no matter what - your host has to know where your plugin is, and it would need to scan for it.

Where is abletonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn expecting to find the .dll? Copy the .dll to that folder

By the way, to save time next time, walk backwards from any demo project in the Introjucer to see how they're set up.

Seems I'm out of the loop: I guess Ableton got major 'n' upgrades?

it didn't make a dll, there isn't one in the builds folder at least. where does it make the dll?

okay so i got it to make the .dll but now when i copy it to the vst folder ableton is scanning it doesn't show...

okay so i got it to make the .dll but now when i copy it to the vst folder ableton is scanning it doesn't show...