I have just created from scratch an audio plug-in project using Projucer from the latest JUCE.
I only enabled VST and VST3 formats, and the path for the VST SDK is correctly set in Projucer.
The project opens and builds fine in Xcode 7.2, but the resulting plug-ins aren’t recognized (i.e. they are not listed) in any host I could open (tried with REAPER, Cubase and Live)
The plug-in project is “vanilla”, i.e. it is exactly the project as it is generated out of the box from Projucer, I didn’t add anything to it yet.
I am developing plug-ins with JUCE since long before Introjucer was even conceived, and I don’t like the tool very much. I am resorting to it in the hope to quickly test whether a problem I’m seeing with audio channels in my “real” plug-ins, also happen with a bare minimum plug-in generated with Projucer. Unfortunately, this is taking way more time than expected.
Is there anything obvious that I am missing here? These are the exact steps I am taking:
- Build and start Projucer
- Create with Projucer a new Audio Plug-in Project
- Choose a name and a folder for the project
- Enter the path for the VST SDK
- Enable VST and VST3 formats, disable all others
- Save the project and open it in the IDE (Xcode 7.2)
- Build the aggregate target “MyPluginName (All)”
The build goes fine and I see that the .vst and .vst3 files being generated in the
Library/Audio/Plug-ins/VST3 folders in my home.
Despite that, They don’t get listed in any host I have tested (REAPER, Cubase and Live), even after forcing a plug-in rescan.
I have tried this same procedure both with the
master branch and the
develop branch. Same result.