Please help a total noob: Can't use demo plugin in AU/VST host

Hi all,

I'm just starting the exciting journey into plugin development using JUCE and already I've hit a problem! I am simply trying to use the juce demo plugin in a plugin host. I'm on OSX 10.7.5 and I copied the .JuceDemoPlugin.component plugin from .../JUCE-master/extras/audio plugin demo/Builds/MacOSX/build/Debug into my /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components folder. However when I open Ableton Live 8, Logic Pro 9 or AU Lab I can't see this plugin even after a computer restart. Can anyone suggest what I might be doing wrong?

Cheers,

Colin

Did you build it as 32 or 64 bit?  What is the host expecting?

Rail

Hi Rail,

Thanks for the reply. To start with I didn't build anything I simply copied the built demo plugin to my plugin folder and it did not show up in any of my host applications. Logic 9 should be able to see it as logic lets me work with both 64bit and 32bit plugins.

Next I ran the audio plugin demo .jucer file and built 3 versions of the plugin by going to the config > xcode > debug page and then setting the OSX architecture to Universal Binary (32 bit) and building, Universal Binary (32/64 bit) and building, then 64-bit Intel and then building. I placed these three .component files in my plugins folder but still have no joy seeing them in either Logic, Ableton Live or AULab.

Any ideas?