Plugalyzer - Open Source CLI for offline plugin testing and debugging

Hey everyone, to celebrate Plugalyzer finally getting a JUCE 7 update, I decided to actually post about it in the JUCE forums!

Plugalyzer is a command-line plugin host meant to ease debugging of audio plugins and instruments by making it possible to run them in non-realtime outside of a conventional DAW.

This makes it trivial to attach a debugger without the DAW complaining about desync issues when execution is paused.
It can also be useful for CI purposes - @sudara spoke about setting that up, bother him for more details :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It processes audio and MIDI from input files using the desired plugin, writing the result to an output file.
Plugins with multiple input buses (such as sidechains) as well as MIDI output are supported.

Example usage for a plugin with a main and a sidechain input bus:

plugalyzer process                    \
  --plugin=/path/to/my/plugin.vst3    \
  --input=main_input.wav              \
  --input=sidechain_input.wav         \
  --output=out.wav                    \
  --param="Wet/Dry Mix":0.2:n         \
  --param=Distortion:Off

Enjoy!

12 Likes

Great work, this is a wonderful tool!

I actually started working on a tool for audio cancellation testing that’s built on top of Plugalyzer: GitHub - benthevining/plugin-cancellation-testing: CMake code for audio cancellation testing of plugins using CTest

3 Likes

Interesting, this ties right into @sudara’s feature request #10: Support for null / phase cancellation testing · Issue #10 · CrushedPixel/Plugalyzer · GitHub

2 Likes

This thread is making me happy. Go open source! <3

3 Likes