Projucer Bugs

Following up on my my earlier “Projucer Account Creation” thread, now with specific Juce errors.

More Projucer problems, well two, the second is just an annoyance.

1. Every once in a while I open Projucer I get a “JIT” error, before I have even clicked anything!
  2. Seems the main Projucer window do not like being set to maximized, because every so often it switches back to default “small” size. Specifically EVERYTIME I create a new project, the app Window is resized back down to “default”!?! What’s up with that?
  1. Projucer refuses to let me name my own project via “Create Project”. I am creating a new project following the “Create a basic Audio/MIDI plugin, Part 2: Coding your plug-in”. Tutorial says to create new project and name it “TutorialPlugin”, however the project that is then created is instead called “NewProject”!?! I have to manually go to View - Project Setting and overwrite “NewProject” to a name of my choosing, BUT that does NOT change the name of objects in the code, they remain named “NewProject”, as for example “class NewProjectAudioProcessor : public AudioProcessor”. As a matter of fact, it does NOT matter whatever I set as my “Project Name” and therefore folder, via “File -> New Project”, when I click “Create” it is ALWAYS named “NewProject”!?! WOW!

I can’t seem to recreate any of these issues. What platform are you on? I just tried creating a new project and I didn’t notice any resizing issue. Nor did I have any problems naming the new project. I’m using the latest release of JUCE, and I’m currently on Windows.

Windows 10 64-bit build 1903.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the “JIT process stopped responding” error I get after a PC reboot, and starting Projucer.

I really couldn’t say, but I’m thinking that if this was happening to everyone there would be a lot of noise about it here on the forums. :thinking:

Do you get the JIT error on Windows startup, or only when you open the Projucer?

I only get the error when starting Projucer, and only sometimes after I start my PC. IT is quite strange as it is not consistent, but I have seen it more than once.

Is this path right in my “Environment Variables”, because I had to set in manually as I encountered a Projucer “web page” problem when I first started it and the “Create Path” buttons did not work.

C:\Users\NewUser\Documents\Music Production\Development\JUCE\Modules

Here is the specific error I got after clicking “Build - Enable Compilation”;

“JIT process stopped responding” with a button to “Re-enable”.

Googling I found the “JIT” error reported here on JUCE forums in several places, including here, but it provides no solution".

Here is a video showing Projucer changing its window size when I open an existing project, in this case an example.

Ok I feel a bit stupid now. The problem with the naming of the project, was an oversight by me, as I amazingly missed the “Project Name” field in the top and only saw the “Folder” field in the bottom - sorry.

Don’t worry, we’ve all been there before. I don’t think the resizing issue is a bug per say, I think it’s by design. When I have a project open, and I create another, the Projucer does indeed display a new window of smaller size. It’s not a big issue for me, and in some ways makes it easier to differentiate between the new project and the old. But I guess it’s a matter of taste. So is everything else working now, are you ready to rock?

Also the JIT process crash message often happens if there is a bug/crash in your code… unfortunately the live build system does not give any useful error messages or debug output, best used for rapid tweaking of UI or DSP code.

EDIT just to clarify, running components in the Projucer live build requires some specific set up, as it won’t have access to your app state, so you need to set things up within your component constructor within #if JUCE_PROJUCER_LIVE_BUILD sections. It can be tricky to get this working from a complex project.