Visual Studio 2017: JIT Process Stopped Responding

This happens to me too unfortunately, latest Dev (5.3.1), freshly downloaded JIT using VS2017 15.6.6.

Does this happen with all JUCE projects, even the example code? Where is your VS installation located?

Yes unfortunately it happens with any project. My VS is installed to drive G:\Visual Studio to save space on my system SSD, would that make a difference?

I also tried it on my up to date High Sierra Macbook yesterday and it doesn’t run at all with a fresh dev JUCE install and latest X-Code, it gives the same message as above but never actually runs at all. On windows it runs initially but fails when recompiling.

I have the same problem. When I tray to run project with gui the Jit process stop responding :frowning:
Fresh install of windows 10 Vs2017 and new JUCE

does anybody have the same issues with the jit?

Can you check that you have these components installed?

You can get to this screen by running the Visual Studio Installer and then selecting “Modify” from the “More” dropdown menu next to VS2017.

Yes I have this instaled :frowning:

So It seems to look like lack of package but it’s opposite. I have installed too much. After I reinstalled all and leave only basic from your screen it’s working now. I think juce have problem with this:
VC++ 2015.3 v14.00 (140) toolset for desktop

That’s odd. Thanks for the info, I will take a look.

Here is the same problem. Is there a solution soon?

Hello,
Same problem, JIT stop Responding. I think I try a lot of VSC 2017 15.7.4, SDK install configuration. But look like the problem is from Windows 10 SDK 10.0.16299.0. When I add it JIT Stop responding, when I remove it “windows.h” and “corecrt.h” are in error. I process with Windows Familly 10.0.17134.

I precise I try to remove the .dll in Juce repository, then Juce download the LastVersion as said previously, JIT still doesn’t work.

Regards
Alexandre

It’s drive me nuts too. Always when I want to do something it always crash for some reason. My invastigation is that it has problem with setting Windows target version. Sometimes it working on
10.0.10586, 10.0.10563, 10.0.16299. Strange behavior

I have made an Issue on gihub but no respond
https://github.com/WeAreROLI/JUCE/issues/391

For me It works, It was because I put the wrong path for the VST plug-in :sweat_smile: . Try also to config the compiling with static libraries whereas dynamic.

Today I installed the latest VS 2017 update, now it works.

I am an experienced programmer, new to JUCE. I have Windows 10 and an existing Visual Studio 2017 installation that I just updated to the most recent version hoping it would solve this problem. I am running the latest version of JUCE. I’ve gone through every post and tried everything suggested, to no avail. Nothing, not even the examples will compile because of the JIT process failing. I assume this is trying to launch the “Just In TIme” debugger, but no output files are ever generated, so I don’t understand why. Everything needed should be installed, and directories are properly set. Any ideas? I want to make a VST plugin, and was told JUCE was easier and faster than doing it by hand.

I’m not sure why the live build isn’t working for you, but that shouldn’t stop you getting most of the benefits of using JUCE - simply use the Visual Studio exporter in the Projucer and you’ll be able to create plug-ins in VS2017.