Where can I find a version of the documentation without the "soon to be deprecated" classes?

Hello people:
I am quite new to JUCE 7, less than a year, and I often stumble across posts in which someone from the team says “That class is there only for backwards compatibility, it is soon to be deprecated”.
Is there any way to have a stripped, ‘state-of-the-JUCE-art’ documentation?. I’m having a hard time learning how to use the framework properly with the myriad of ways available to make things work. On the other hand, versatility comes with some drawbacks, I suppose. Maybe somewhere there is a cookbook or elders’ path to follow in some half hidden web lair :laughing:.
Thank you for bearing reading this whining. I love this framework, though :heart_eyes: :kissing_heart:.

Gus

1 Like

Having faced this problem myself a few times, all I can tell you is what worked for me: use the source. Reading the source is really the best way to understand whats going on, and fortunately you have all the sources available.

Also: Be sure to set up/use an IDE environment that allows you to access all the code of your project.

Thanks, @anon48770766 . I suppose I will have to learn the skeleton and spirit of the framework skyscraper brick by brick… “Ad astra per aspera” :muscle:.

The DemoRunner is a good place to start. I can’t tell you how valuable I found the feature where I could just modify the code in DemoRunner and see the results almost instantaneously on-screen. This is a terrific way to get yourself up to speed with the framework.

1 Like

It would be great if the JUCE docs site supported this, though. I love how cppreference allows you to view only docs for a specific C++ standard – JUCE could let you select a specific version, and to show/hide deprecated code, etc.