Windows 10 - ASIO SDK errors - brick wall

Hi there, first post here, hoping to develop multitouch audio applications using Juce for windows 10 having used Mac’s exclusively for the past decade.

I am trying to get juce to recognise the ASIO driver, I have downloaded the SDK from Steinberg and followed all of the advice given on this forum for adding ASIO support, unfortunately I am still apparently unable to use ASIO since the “iasiodrv.h” file is throwing errors. I’ve attached pictures to illustrate the problem.

First picture: enabling JUCE_ASIO

NEW USERS ONLY ALLOWED ONE IMAGE IN A POST SO FURTHER IMAGES FOLLOWING :/:expressionless:

Second picture: adding the SDK common folder path to the project.

Third picture: including the “iasiodrv.h” file in the maincomponent header.

Fourth and final picture: all the errors and the “iasiodrv.h” file displayed.

Any help would be very welcome, as I am planning on using multiple inputs and outputs and an RME audio interface in this software I can’t really even get started until I clear this hurdle.

Thanks

Maybe the Projucer Live Build thing doesn’t even support using ASIO? Try exporting and building your project in Visual Studio.

Why are you including iasiodrv.h in MainComponent.h?! I see no reason why you should include it in any of your files.

Have you checked any of the audio input tutorials?

I thought I had to add it to the main component header since in “juce_audio_devices.cpp” it says: ‘3) Make sure that your header search path contains the iasiodrv.h file that comes with the SDK.’.

I guess I misinterpreted that.

So now I have removed the include in the main component and I am getting this error: “error: C:\Users\GEDD\Documents\Juce\AudioSettingsDemo\JuceLibraryCode\include_juce_audio_devices.cpp: ‘iasiodrv.h’ file not found with include; use “quotes” instead”

Editing the “juce_audio_devices.cpp” file to have quotes on the include instead of angled brackets does seem to work having just tested that. Feels wrong to be editing the core juce library files at this early stage though…

Try setting the directory in “System Header Paths” instead.

Matt

1 Like

Thanks Matt, that seems to have done it!