AUv3 not being copied to iPad

Today is a bad day!

For some reason, my AUv3 plugins are not being copied to iPad when debugging from XCode.

Usually I see the “installing to device” message in the XCode info banner whilst it’s happening, but not seeing this, and after AUM has launched (the target I’m launching), I usually see the standalone has been copied but that’s not happening.

No apparent errors anywhere in XCode.

Anyone any idea where to look? I’ve just tested the AudioPluginDemo and that’s fine.

Thx

Edit: I can install the standalone directly by debugging the standalone and then it appears on the iPad, so the app is all good, just not copying across as part of the AUv3 debugging - end result is can’t debug the Auv3, only the standalone. thx

1 Like

I’ve just created a fresh AUv3 project and it’s been copied across as expected and can be debugged.

So there must be something about these Jucer files - both were working fine last week.

Working projects have this next to the Project name:

Failing projects have a:

Any idea what these symbols represent? thx

Did you do a full clean and rebuild and see if that still doesn’t result in the .auv3 being copied across? I’ve had a situation where some sort of stale data in my build directory prevented Xcode from determining that a re-install was necessary, which I solved with a full clean/rebuild cycle.

1 Like

Hi, yes - have done that - I’ve created a new jucer project and it’s working ok - the existing jucer file was cloned from the existing jucer file for the desktop versions - currently in the processing of diffing the files to see why one works and the other one doesn’t.

thx

Did you check the install log for issues with codesigning/certs?

1 Like

hi, not sure where to find the install log - can you tell me where that is? thx

XCode → Window → Organizer, check the logs for your bundle and see if there are any further clues …

1 Like

thx - will check this out