How can test Audio-Plugins with x86_64 system

Hello,
I have just start to use JUCE framework to develop Audio-Plugins. I am using ubuntu-16.04-xenial(x86-64). I have some doubts to test that plugins.
Means when we create any audio-plugins example or new project and compile it. There will be “.so” file generated. So, now how we can test that file. When i try to execute directly, it gives “Segmentation fault (core dumped)” error. So, how can i test it?

Regards,
Kishan Patel

In order to test plugins, you need an host, which is usually a Digital Audio Workstation. There are experimental builds of Cockos Reaper or you can build the Audio Plugin Host project from JUCE’s extras folder.

Also, you need to set the proper plugin format you want to build. The resulting file should be a .vst3 or .vst

Hello zioaxiom,
Thanks for reply, i have build Audio Plugin Host project from JUCE’s extra folder. But i dont understand that how can i test my plugins “.so” file with this. I am sharing some screenshot. So, you can more understand me.

Regards,
Kishan Patel

Hello,
Okay i got it. Now i can test plugins with Audio_plugins. Actually i was using JUCE version 3 before, now it can test after installing JUCE version 6.
Can i test plugins which has developed by JUCE version 3?

Regards,
Kishan Patel.

I guess so. Audio plugins format are just formats, like jpgs and such. You can open a jpeg on any program that can open that file format. Same with audio plugins: if a host supports that plugin file format, you can load it.

Thanks,
It means i can also load “.so” file. Please correct if i am on wrong track.