London Audio Developer Meet-up: The Tracktion Engine and interacting neurons make noise

Our eleventh London Audio Developer Meet-up will be held on Tuesday, May the 7th at CodeNode, London.

The meetup will kick-off with @jules and @dave96 giving us a tour of the inner workings of the powerful audio engine behind Tracktion - which was recently open-sourced!!

This will be followed by a short demonstration by Mark Claydon on how interacting models of neurons can produce responsive rhythm and harmony, adapting current machine learning techniques to work with biologically inspired simulations in realtime.

:pizza: There will be pizza :pizza:

!! Please remember that CodeNode now requires you to register at the skills matter event page here.!!

Fabian

7 Likes

Sounds great!! Will there be video for those of us across the pond? :slight_smile:

Sounds very interesting ! Curious to know what kind of framework (if any) is used for the machine learning part

semi-off-topic - do you by any chance capture (since tape/film sounded too retro :slight_smile: ) those meet-ups? for those of us who cannot attend?

Hi, the videos sometimes take a week or two for them to post, but you can find them here

3 Likes

Video is up already! https://skillsmatter.com/skillscasts/13815-london-audio-developers-the-tracktion-engine-and-interacting-neurons-make-noise

Speedy work Skills Matter!

4 Likes

Do you know if the interacting neurons part has been recorded as well ?

That part of the meetup didn’t happen - we only had the Tracktion Engine talk on the day

Thanks t0m

The “TONIGHT:” part in the title of this post is out of date, yet people see it in the top of the forum and might develop title-skepticism, so next time it’s “TONIGHT:” they would miss it…

1 Like

I actually saw this post pop up a second time and assumed something else was happening (until I noticed myself in the replies)

Good point, edited.

1 Like

Can someone please re-upload this video on Youtube or somewhere?

Skills Matter is dead.

I have a feeling it might actually have died with skillsmatter as they did the recording as far as I’m aware :disappointed_relieved:

The guys doing the recordings were freelancer, maybe worth looking them up, if they have a backup?

Seems like nobody cares about skillsmatters assets, since they shut down everything, so safe to assume there are no claims…

I have this video in my archive.

@dave96 or @jules: I’m happy to give it to one of you, such that it can be uploaded to e.g. the Youtube channel of JUCE.

Due to legal concerns I don’t want to upload it myself.

3 Likes