Projucer and static pictures

Hi

I am using the Jucer for designing some GUI.
I am using among other things, buttons with pictures, as well a a base picture…

The Jucer automatically stocks this in the cpp file as a static data.
It is nice as a beginning but not so great for us, as we need the pictures to be able to change dynamically, with no need to recompile the whole things.

Is there a way to tell the Jucer to do it this way (by indicating picture path), or I have no other choice to reedit the code by myself, and then renouncing using it (because every save will add static pictures again and again…)

Thanks

Nathaniel

Well you can load an image from a file at runtime from within in your code. However, there is no way for the GUI editor to preview this image on your button. You could however, use the live coding environment of the Projucer to preview your GUI.

1 Like

You could however, use the live coding environment of the Projucer to preview your GUI.

hi
thanks for answering.

does the live environment of the projucer work in Windows? Doesn’t it mean that I need to compile the project everytime I need to see how it looks?

Thanks

The live coding environment does not currently work on Windows (although we are testing an alpha release of it internally at ROLI). With the live coding environment, you do not need to re-compile your project. The live coding environment will detect any changes and re-compile your code on the fly.

May I suggest that next releases of the PJ should include an option for the images to be statically/dynamically loaded, what will make working with it a lot more friendly (since pictures are necessarily loaded in the GUI, and rarely controls are needed as is)

Thanks anyway

Nathaniel